Singapore property market continues to be a safe haven for UHNWIs to store their wealth.
In the whole of 2022. only 19 of the 322 total transactions in 2022 were landed properties. The pricing trend of landed properties here is likely a result of the holding power of ultra-high net worth individuals (UHNWIs) and investors who see Singapore as a safe haven to store their wealth.
UHNWIs) are increasingly investing in Singapore’s property market due to a combination of factors, including the country’s political stability and economic prosperity, as well as the city-state’s status as a global financial and business hub.
One of the main reasons UHNWIs invest in Singapore’s property market is due to the country’s strong political and economic stability. Singapore has a stable government, low crime rate, and a strong legal system, which makes it an attractive destination for investors looking for a safe place to park their money.
Singapore property market continues to be attractive to UHNWIs because as a highly developed economy, with a GDP per capita of over $60,000, it is one of the wealthiest countries in the world with high end real estate.
This economic prosperity has led to a steady increase in the country’s property prices, which has in turn attracted many UHNWIs looking for a profitable investment opportunity.
Another reason UHNWIs invest in Singapore’s property market is due to the city-state’s status as a global financial and business hub. Singapore is home to a large number of multinational corporations, banks, and financial institutions, making it a prime location for business and investment. This has led to a large influx of wealthy individuals and families, who are looking to invest in properties that will provide them with a stable income and capital appreciation.
UHNWIs are particularly interested in luxury properties, such as high-end condominiums and landed homes, located in prime districts such as Orchard Road, Sentosa Cove, and the Marina Bay area. These properties are highly sought after due to their exclusivity, privacy, and proximity to amenities such as top-rated schools, shopping centers, and restaurants. Additionally, many of these luxury properties offer a range of high-end facilities, such as private swimming pools, gyms, and concierge services, which are attractive to UHNWIs looking for a lavish lifestyle.
Another type of new properties that UHNWIs are investing in Singapore is commercial properties, such as office buildings, retail spaces, and hotels. These properties are popular among UHNWIs as they provide a steady income stream through rental yields and the potential for capital appreciation in the long run. Additionally, commercial properties located in prime areas, such as the Central Business District (CBD) and Orchard Road, are highly sought after due to the high demand for commercial space in these areas.
Another popular investment option for UHNWIs is en-bloc property, which is a process where a group of owners collectively sell their entire building to a developer. This type of investment is popular among UHNWIs as it can provide them with significant returns on their investment, as the sale price of the en-bloc property is usually higher than the combined value of the individual units.
UHNWIs invest in Singapore’s property market due to a combination of factors, including the country’s political and economic stability, as well as its status as a global financial and business hub. UHNWIs are particularly interested in luxury properties, such as high-end condominiums and landed homes, and commercial properties, such as office buildings, retail spaces, and hotels, and en-bloc property.
Singapore property market continues to offer a combination of exclusivity, privacy, and proximity to amenities, as well as a steady income stream and capital appreciation potential, which are attractive to UHNWIs looking for a profitable and safe investment opportunity.
It is also possible that the rising interest rates is another reason why so few landed properties sold in Singapore. Buyers are perhaps being priced out of the market, which explains the lower transaction volume throughout the year that is contributing to the volatility of prices here.
In this situation, mortgage brokers can be an extremely helpful resource for UHNWIs who are looking to buy properties in Singapore. Here are a few ways in which mortgage brokers can assist UHNWIs in the property buying process as Singapore property market continues to hold sway:
- Finding the right loan: Mortgage brokers have access to a wide range of loan products from different lenders. They can help UHNWIs find the right loan that suits their needs, whether it’s a fixed or variable rate loan, or one that offers a low interest rate or flexible repayment terms.
- Pre-approval: Mortgage brokers can assist UHNWIs in getting pre-approval for a loan, which means they can secure a loan before they even start looking for a property. This can be especially beneficial for UHNWIs who are in a competitive property market, as it gives them an edge over other buyers.
- Negotiating with lenders: Mortgage brokers have experience in negotiating with lenders and can help UHNWIs get the best deal possible on their loan. They can also help UHNWIs navigate the complex process of loan application and approval.
- Understanding regulations and policies: Singapore’s property market has specific regulations and policies that UHNWIs must adhere to, such as the Total Debt Servicing Ratio (TDSR) and the Loan-to-Value (LTV) limits, mortgage brokers can help UHNWIs understand these regulations and policies and how they impact the loan application process.
- Time-saving: Mortgage brokers can save UHNWIs a lot of time and effort by handling the paperwork and processing of the loan application, leaving UHNWIs with more time to focus on finding their dream property.
- Access to special programs: Mortgage brokers may have access to special programs or deals that are not available to the general public, this can be of great benefit for UHNWIs as they can access exclusive deals or offers.
Mortgage brokers can assist UHNWIs in finding the right loan, getting pre-approval, negotiating with lenders, understanding regulations and policies, saving time, and accessing special programs. By working with a mortgage broker, UHNWIs can simplify the property buying process and ensure that they are getting the best deal possible on their loan.